Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Pesky Possum In the Yard

That pesky possum snuck back into the yard last night. Bina and I rushed out the doggy door into the back yard, barking like crazy. Our job is keeping the back yard clear of intruders like this ugly possum. We kept barking until our dad came out to see what the problem was. Our dad grabbed a long pole and tried to poke the possum to get it to move along. It played dead, hanging off the telephone cable that runs behind the house. Finally, my dad told me and Bina we had to quit barking and go back inside the house. The possum was gone the next morning. We felt bad because we hadn't done our job. But, we're on high alert, now.... let that possum show its face again!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ripley,
Good job on the possum hunt. Those ugly rodents should not be in any dogs yard. I am the "rodent detector" at my house in the Santa Cruz Mountains and it is a full time job. Every night I have to go out and sniff around to to see if those smelly creatures have invaded my yard. I will be happy to help you in your yard next time I visit.
Your cousin "Scout"

Ripley said...

Hi, Scout! We can sure use your help with rodent extermination. You've got a lot more training than we do. Didn't your sister win some type of championship recently? That makes you the most famous dog we know! Hope you'll plan to visit soon! Maybe you'll become a "dog with a blog," too!

Anonymous said...

Hi Ripley
Nice job on the possum! If I was there I would help you! Hopefully we can teach Lizzy to fight off intruders too. First she needs to learn to chase a ball first. Maybe you could teach her to do that to.

Ripley said...

Louie, please send your photo so I can show my cousins off to the world! And yes, of the Fresno relatives, I'm the best ball retriever. I'd be happy to show Lizzy how it's done but will she have the smarts to follow my lead? Don't forget, Louie. I used to cower at my own shadow so be patient with Lizzy. She'll come around, eventually.

Anonymous said...

Ripley - I will have my mom send you pictures of us ASAP. I can't wait to see myself on a real life blog!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Ripley -
Yes, my sister did win a big competition, I have heard that she is the most obedient dog in the Nation. Wow! or BowWow!
I guess that makes me pretty special too. If you want to see my sister on U-tube, check this out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pM2pD9Kwv4c&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5SaM-0nPMw

I can do all that stuff but my Mom says I am not as good as Dream. Oh well, I am a Rodent Detector!
Your Cousin, Scout