Monday, December 24, 2007

Can I Nap At Your House?

My friend, Nick Massei, sent me this story. I thought it was worth sharing. I apologize in advance if it's a re-run or has already been posted on another dog's blog. I'm not a politically correct dog and I'm new to blogging. Forgive me if I'm stepping on anyone's paws!

An old, tired-looking dog wandered into the yard. I could tell from his collar and well-fed belly that he had a home. He followed me into the house, down the hall, and fell asleep in a corner. An hour later, he went to the door, and I let him out.

The next day he was back. He resumed his position in the hall, and slept for an hour. This continued for several weeks.

Curious, I pinned a note to his collar: "Every afternoon your dog comes to my house for a nap."
The next day he arrived with a different note pinned to his collar: "He lives in a home with ten children -- he's trying to catch up on his sleep. Can I come with him tomorrow?"

1 comment:

Amber-Mae said...

Oh, what a funny story! Thanks for sharing it with us Ripley. I'm sooo glad to be your friend too!

Merry Christmas & Have a great 2008!

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer