Saturday, December 15, 2007

Dog Phobia Not Healthy For Kids

The publicity about viscious dog attacks has caused the public to way overreact. Parents are teaching their children to be scared of friendly, social dogs like me. Cities and counties have responded by enacting extremely restrictive leash laws. So, how can an energetic and non-threatening dog like me get adequate exercise when tethered to a slow moving human?

Dogs have been man's best friend for millenia. But, the new environment of fear is making children scared of dogs. It upsets me when children shy away from me when I'm playing at the park.

But, I don't like children who pull on my ears or tail, either. That hurts. People need to teach their children how to take good care of their dogs so we dogs can be the loyal companions that earned us that "best friend" reputation.

No comments: