Sunday, January 10, 2010

A New Puppy Joins the Pack

After Bina's diagnosis, my mom got the hairbrained idea that we needed a new puppy. She figured I'd be sad and lonely when Bina left us for good. She was right but I'd never admit that to her! In any event, she spent months trying to find an Australian Shepherd puppy. My dad wanted a purebred which sort of hurt my feelings since I've been told I was the product of "unauthorized breeding."

It was a perfectly lazy summer evening when my mom and dad showed up with an obnoxious new puppy they named Roxie! So, not only was Bina sick, but now, there was a rambunctious puppy in the house!

Well, cute only gets you so far. This puppy chewed up SEVEN pairs of my mom's shoes, THREE pairs of glasses, and all of my mom's contact lenses. She's chewed holes in several walls, and shredded the floor-length curtains in the bedroom. My dad says, "The cost of the dog is insignificant compared to the cost of the damage the dog does!"







1 comment:

Lorenza said...

I can see Roxie has been busy all this time!
Sure she has brought you all lots of funny days!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza