Friday, January 4, 2008

Fine Art of Begging Part One

Here are some tips for effective begging. First, you sit politely in front of the human with treats. Then, you put on your cutest, most winsome dog expression. You must appear humble, worthy, and respectful. Once you've gained a sympathetic advantage, treats are almost 100% guaranteed.

Begging is best accomplished from the sitting position. Ears should be cocked forward. Tails should not be wagging. Maintain constant eye contact and strike a fine balance between pride and pleading. Try to look temporarily satisifed and appreciative while maintaining the constant pressure for more treats. By practicing and perfecting these techniques, your begging objectives will be succesful.

3 comments:

Lorenza said...

Hi, Ripley!
Thanks for sharing your begging techniques! I have to try them because mine are not succesful! I am on a diet and my mom says NO all the time!
Have a great weekend
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Amber-Mae said...

I have my own begging techniques. It always works & I don't have to try hard at all. All I do is sit in front of my hooman's plate, stare at the food on the plate & the spoon which are constantly going into their mouths. I always look so pitiful & hopeful. Let one string of drool hang on the side of my mouth & then voila! A spoon of delicious food pops into my mouth. Isn't that easy? I like to beg when my hoomans are having their din dins. They cannot eat peacefully everyday...

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

Crikit, Sparky, Ginger! said...

yup you know it. we have too have refined the art

Love Licks & waggin TX tails